Cicode Programming Reference | Cicode
Cicode Programming Reference
Cicode is a programming language designed for use in Citect SCADA to monitor and control plant equipment. It is a structured language similar to Visual Basic or 'C'. You need no previous programming experience to use it.
You can use Cicode to access real-time data (variables) in a Citect SCADA project, and Citect SCADA facilities: variable tags, alarms, trends, reports, and so on. You can also interface to various components on a computer, such as the operating system and communication ports. Cicode also supports advanced features including pre-empted multitasking, multi threads, and remote procedure calls.
To access a full list of available Cicode functions, see Cicode Function Categories.
Use the following sections as a quick start to using Cicode in your Citect SCADA projects:
- Using Cicode Files — Cicode can be stored in procedures called functions for multiple reuse and centralized maintenance.
- Using Cicode Commands — Cicode can be typed directly into command fields in online Citect SCADA forms.
- Using Cicode Expressions — Cicode expressions are used to display and log data for monitoring and analysis, and to trigger various elements in your system, such as alarms, events, reports, and data logging.
- Using Cicode Functions — A Cicode function is a small program, a collection of statements, variables, operators, conditional executors, and other functions. A Cicode function can perform complex tasks and give you access to Citect SCADA graphics pages, alarms, trend data, and so on.
- Working with Commonly Used Functions — Cicode has many pre-defined functions that perform a variety of tasks. The functions you will use most often are described in this topic.
- Writing Functions — .Where system functionality cannot be achieved with built-in functions, you can write your own functions.
- The Cicode Editor — The Cicode Editor is the code editing tool provided with Citect SCADA for writing, editing and debugging Cicode.
Published June 2018